Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Nov 94 8:41:47 EST
From:         dcarment@ccs.carleton.ca (David Carment)
Subject:      RE:   Westy 3-Way Fridge Questions

Matt Tooley writes: > > Well after taking everyone's advice I was able to get the fridge to light. > It took about 30 minutes of pumping and sparking to get it to light. During > the course of all of it there were a 3 flare ups through the flue ( kinda > like backfires or when you leave the lid down on your gas grill when you are > trying to light it, not quite as big though). > > I was just about to give up trying for the night when I looked down and saw > a little blue flame in the window of the fridge! Let it burn for a few > minutes and turned it off and tried again. This time it lit after just a > few pumps and sparks. The flow meter moved all the way to the green! > > I had run the fridge for a day and a half off 110V to test to see if it > could cool. When I got home last night frost had formed on the cooling fins > inside as well as some ice in a container of water I had put in there. > > The only question remaining is whether to drive with the LP running the > fridge or to run it off of 12V. If it takes much effort to light the fridge > once you get some where then all the cold escapes while you are trying to > light the thing ! > > Thanks again.... > > I was not aware that some of the fridge ignition systems had a three way LED set up. Mine glows red only if the fridge is working on LP, there is no green....DC

--

---------------------------------------------------------------------- David Carment School of International Affairs Carleton University Ottawa, Ontario K1S 5B6 voice - (613) 788-2600-6662 fax - (613) 788-2889 Email address: dcarment@ccs.carleton.ca ----------------------------------------------------------------------