Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Nov 1994 11:53:49 -0500
From:         DerekDrew@aol.com
Subject:      Re: Class III Trailer Hitch O...

Down payment.

Yes, I was thinking you should send a down payment.

I am personally asking them to fabricate my hitch with some modifications so it better meets my concerns. These modifications will be made consistent with a good appearance and are to:

1) make the hitch so that it offers protection to the corner of the van in the event the van is hit from behind on the corner.

2) to make the hitch so it offers protection to the muffler in case I back up into a giant bolder while driving off road.

I don't know what these two items will cost yet so if you want them too you can wait with me while we figure this out.

I intend to drive out there and inspect the bumpers and discuss the engineering that will go in to my bumper, and which time I am sure price will come up.

If you want the plain jane version then you know it will be around $200 or a little less, depending.

Perhaps a good course of action is for you to send me a $100 deposit so I can tell them to definitely add your hitch to the production run. If you don't want the modifications I am getting for myself, then I'll tell them to just make your bumper. You can pay the balance near when it is time to ship the bumper to you.

If you want, you could wait until we are finished with the modified bumper so you have a better idea of design/price for this version. You could elect then which way you want to go.

Your $100 would be non-refundable after they begin work on the hitch but they would not begin work on your hitch until after you authorized work to begin. If you want the plain jane hitch, I can tell them to begin fabricating it as soon as I get your check.

Sound reasonable?

Derek Drew 487 Columbus Ave. #3R New York, NY 10024