Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 Nov 1994 07:55:23 -0800
From:         nrubin@s1.csuhayward.edu (martha rubin)
Subject:      multiple questions

Tuesday morning brings several questions:

I'm going to need to replace my antenna soon. Do any of you have an electric one? Any special info or tricks on the placement?

My '81 westy is difficult to start the first time each day (after that, no problem at all). It seems the colder it is, the harder it is to start - sometimes I need to crank it 3 or 4 times before it takes.

All vanagon westies I've seen have various in- and outputs on the left side panel. Typically, there's the round silver flue vent from the refrigerator, then 3 adjacent square doorflaps for incoming electricity, tank water, and direct water. But, my westy seems to have an additional creature: it's about a foot forward of the round silver flue vent, about the same height. It's square, and appears to be totally stock, matches the others in color, style, etc., just without a door. It definitely does NOT look like it was added on after market. It doesn't have an opening little flap the way the electrical and water inputs do, but appears rather to be more like a cap for? (perhaps a vent for the stove?)

Lastly, to the left of my built-in propane stove, there is a little tiny red plastic bowl-shaped thing attached to a "chain" (like one sees on nail trimmers), which fits into a little cutout on the counter to the left of and below the stove/sink area. Any idea what this is for?

I've checked both my owner's manuals and the Bentley for info on all the above questions, and can't find a thing...help!

/Martha Rubin nrubin@s1.csuhayward.edu '79 bug 'vert, '81 westy, previously owned: '78 rabbit, '63 1500 (notchback)