Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         30 Nov 1994 13:10:50 U
From:         "Norman Leong" <norman_leong@synoptics.com>
Subject:      Re A/C an' all that stuff

P.J. comments that:

>You people should come over here. I have never *seen* (or >felt) in-car air conditioning. All this talk about such things >just sails right over my head. > >Then again, our 'isle of mists' never gets sunshine, either. >

Consider yourself fortunate; I guess it's not Emerald Isle for nothing ;)

Now if you were to pack up your Tranny and plop it down in good ol' Sackatomato, California in the middle of summer, you'd wish Steven and Thom really did have beach front property! (or worse yet, Martha's hometown, Redding :P ) 'Course, this time of year, you'd have to get those foglights that Ric's lookin' for to cut through all that fog...

Speaking of Ric, he stated earlier that getting to the heat-producing setting for the dash controls would run the compressor several seconds, enough to lube the A/C seals; wouldn't that only be true if you actually shut everything off at the end of your drive (slide the top control to the "0" or off position)? I usually leave the top control alone and slide the lower temp. control to adjust comfort, and therefore would not en- gage the compressor. Just wondering....

Norman"Ja, I'm another gurlie-man, Ja!..."Leong