Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Nov 1994 09:14:05 -0800
From:         nrubin@s1.csuhayward.edu (martha rubin)
Subject:      Re: pre-tour warm-up

OK, there seems to be a STRONG sentiment to avoid the mountains and snow in winter for this trip. I've reread the 20+ responses on this matter and there's been a noticeable tendency to prefer the CA coast. I rather like David Garth's suggestion of the Pfeifer Big Sur State Park, since, as he puts it, it should be warmer relatively speaking, and "has it all:" redwoods, waterfalls, river, ocean. (David, it had BETTER have showers! :). Anyway, in the spirit of democracy, I suggest we do go with the majority's wish to stay on the coast, and mid-state seems fair when I look at the stats, considering the number of people all over the state, plus additional states to the south, and to the north.

At any rate, I suggest we take the suggestion to go to Pfeifer Big Sur State Park, and will call tomorrow to have them mail me some literature. Now, we just need to pick a weekend. Most of you didn't have as strong of feelings on this matter, although 2 people could not do it during the next 2 weekends. What's your preference? Early December? January?

Let me know!

/martha