Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Nov 94 20:06:58 PST
From:         Wizzer Redford <scr@hpvcpnpi.vcd.hp.com>
Subject:      Re: Nice places along Oregon Coast?

> > Hi Vanagon Gang, > We're thinking about going to the Oregon Coast over Thanksgiving (provided > my vanagon is not still being powered by a Chevy Pickup) and we'd like to > know if the campgrounds there are still open this time of the year.

Mercy...the Oregon Coast.....Heaven for WanagonCampers.

The coast was my favorite weekend destination (I've recently sold my '91 Camper).

Yes, several OSP campgrounds are open year round. I'm mostly famaliar with the central coast (Lincoln City down to Coos).

South of Lincoln City, Beverly Beach is the biggie.

South of Florence, Honeyman is the biggie.

South of Waldport, Beachside is a not-so-biggie.

You can pickup an OSP directory at any park and that denotes parks open all year.

I never had a problem getting a space after October.

Where abouts on the coast will you be?

wizzer