Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Nov 1994 08:51:18 EST
From:         cchubb@ida.org (Chris Chubb)
Subject:      Re: 67 Volkswagen Deluxe Microbus - 21 Window - Sunroof

CC>This classic Volkswagen bus is in good, restorable condition. It is white CC>over red. The engine is from a 73 Beetle, 1600cc dual port with Bosch 009 CC>distributor and Solex 31-PICT4 carb. It has an alternator. A recent CC>compression test showed all cylinders around 130 psi. The sunroof is new CC>and is of the heavy canvas variety. The seats and interior panels are in CC>need of recovering but all covers are available mail-order. 1967 was CC>the last split-window bus and the first 12Volt bus so this is a special CC>year. CC> CC>This bus has only two serious flaws. There is some rust under the front CC>wheel wells and the heat is not working. CC> CC>I've only had this bus since May but have taken it on several road trips CC>to Texas and Wisconsin and it has performed flawlessly. CC> CC>We are located in the Kansas City area, and our midwestern winters can get CC>severe. CC> CC>I am willing to deliver this bus anywhere in the continental United States, CC>(it will make the trip, no problem), but the cost of my return trip to Kansas CC>City would have to be included in the price. CC> CC>If someone in a warmer climate is interested in this bus, or someone in CC>a less moderate climate has the funds needed to bring this old gal back to CC>perfection, please contact me via email or telephone and let's talk. CC> CC>Richard Kurtz CC>rmk@tyrell.net CC> CC>(816)322-2176 Home CC>(816)995-3204 Work CC>

Waaaahhhh! This is just what I have been looking for, but I just bought a house and am now in way over my head. Still sitting here fantasizing about driving it back from Kansas City.

Im back. Nice mind trip. Im not going to spoil it by asking how much he wants. It is usually either $4500 or $450. Oh well.

--- Chris Chubb (cchubb@ida.org) __________________________________________________________________________ \All opinions expressed or implied may not reflect those of the Institute \ \for Defense Analyses, the US Government, or anyone else. \ --------------------------------------------------------------------------