Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Nov 94 13:13 CDT
From:         Joel Danke <JDANKE@macc.wisc.edu>
Subject:      Re: good news?

Hi, Matt.

I am thinking that I have pretty much made up my mind >just to break down and get a GEX rebuild for my bus. Does sound >like the way to go?

I forget what kind you have, or where you are. I haven't used GEX; I'm in WI and did a rebuild with parts from MOFOCO in Milw. They were very helpful. They also have rebuilds. I haven't heard bad things about GEX.

> ...Also, would anybody either have the goofy little >blower things you need to make the gas heater work and the temp sensing >wiring harness?

What kind of heater do you have? I have some older Stewart Warner parts, and am admittedly unfamiliar with them. I saw that in Hot VW (or the other one) there was a short article on gas heaters and a guy that fixes them. Maybe someone has more info. But if you have an older S-W, maybe I can help you. There is also a shop named SIG's near Wisconsin Dells. I don't have his number on me, but it should be in the archives with the subject VW guy in WI. He has a gas heater in a '78.

>Mr. Joel kindly forwarded a schematic for this some time >ago, but if I get this thing going again before winter, a heater would >be very, very good....

Do you have a copy of this? I can't find it on the archives. If you could forward it, thanks!

J. David jdanke@macc.wisc.edu