Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Nov 1994 00:04:47 -0800
From:         nrubin@s1.csuhayward.edu (martha rubin)
Subject:      (west) pretour particulars

Nearly everyone who responded to the location choice query expressed a preference for Pfeiffer. I'll phone them tomorrow to request "product information brochures, etc." and inquire as to how a nebulous group such as vanagon.lenti might make reservations. Remember that we will be in individual campsites (group camps closed when we will be there), hopefully adjacent, and that they may allow perhaps 2 vehicles per site. Here's a bit about the facility:

Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park, 218 Sites on 821 acres, 26 miles south of Carmel (or 2 miles southeast of Big Sur) on SR 1. Their phone number is 408.677.2315. Max stay is 15 days at the time of year we will be visiting. Elevation is 200'. Pets $1 extra charge. 27' RV limit. Apparently they have some cabins. Dump station. Flush toilets. Hot showers!!! Picnic table at each site. BBQ's/fire rings. Swimming (within one mile, probably in the river = ONLY for fools in January). Groceries and propane nearby. Recreation: nature trails, fishing (within 5 miles). No playgrounds or riding stables. Wheelchair accessible. Laundromat within 5 miles.

Note: If you wish to fish, you may want to call them - I believe a license is required, and that fishing can be done only on certain days. Check first before you pack all that gear!

Those of you driving from far away, like Canada! - don't confuse this with the Big Sur Campground spoken of earlier. That one is private, and Pfeiffer is a State Park.