Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Nov 1994 16:41:05 -0500 (EST)
From:         gt4281b@prism.gatech.edu
Subject:      Re: Front door speakers and window crank

Hmm - I have an 84 also, but the top speaker (the one closest to the window crank) hasn't been a problem. I'm not sure what your arrangement is, but you could consider placing a 6" towards the bottom of the door:

| X1 | | W | This is the right door. | | W = Crank | | X1 = 4-5" | ------- X2 = 6-8" | X2 | ----|

The above works pretty good - IMO...

Also, and this is related to the post about 1000-2000 rpm problems...

I have a AT FI 84 and have a similar problem. It only happens occasionally and seems to be related to cold temperatures-- Atlanta hasn't been _that_ cold though...!

It only happens when I'm at a stop and begin to accelerate - I seem to loose power and it feels as though there is some type of clog in the fuel line or fuel filter. It slowly moves along until suddenly it "catches" and begins to accelerate ok (although even then it feels like it's not at full power). I've spoken to my mechanic and he seems to think it may be the air box. He noticed a small aberration with the metal piece inside the air box that moves from the bottom of the box to the top depending on acceleration - I have no clue what it's called I'm afraid :(.

In addition, although on nice days (this whole day related thing is uncanny) it idles and operates beautifully, when the above problem begins to occur, the idling is rough and slighly under it's normal (1000) operating rpm.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated - He's sort of indicated that it may need a new air box (parts > $350). Kinda expensive for my financial situation right now...:(

-Thanks

- Victor