Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Nov 94 12:37:40 EST
From:         "rapalmer@eos.ncsu.edu" <rapalmer@unity.ncsu.edu>
Subject:      Farmington VW show report

Just got in LATE last night from the Farmington VW show/ swap meet/VW drag racing event. It was great, although the busses weren't too strong in presence. Actually, my friends and myself accounted for about 1/2 the split window delegation. Especially noteworthy were a friends pristine '67 deluxe, which of course won first place. His '64 bug also won first place in the bug class. I suppose it really helps to own your own body shop... :) Also interesting was the '60 panel van, with cargo doors on both sides. The fellow had recently imported it from Arizona, and the body was near perfect. There was almost NO rust, and only a small dent on the nose. There was a '59 double cab, but it was in pretty rough shape, as was the '68 single cab. Ialso talked to a guy with a '66 kombi, who had stuffed a '75 Westfalia interior into it, and put a '74 sundial long pop-top on top. He hadn't added any roof reinforcements, and still slept up there with no problems. A very rugged machine... I got a all-metal crew-cab sized roof rack for $50, which I was rather pleased with, so now I have a place for a spare tire finally.

Anyway, I had a great time. It was only $5.00 to get in, and was a lot of fun. The next one is somewhere around the 9th of April, so more of us should go... later Richard '67 Kombi with new roof rack