Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 16 Nov 1994 19:37:46 -0500 (EST)
From:         Joe Clark <joeclark@freenet.scri.fsu.edu>
Subject:      Canadjuns, Bubbas, and false Joe Clarks

OK, this is getting way off-topic, but:

1. I stand corrected regarding the Quebecois (sp?) in black speedos. 2. Though Southern, I have never met anyone named Bubba. However, I _do_ eat dirt and have wondered why my older sister sometimes calls me "son". 3. No, I'm not related to former Canadian PM Joe Clark, that imposter, nor to any of the other pretenders. In fact my .sig used to say:

The REAL Joe Clark, not: 1. Bat-wielding High-School Disciplinarian 2. Former Canadian PM 3. Late Pennsylvania Senator 4. Subject of Fare-thee-well song.

(hmmm. beats the heck out of the latest .sig. But how to get all that _and_ the URL in 4 lines so I can feel superior to the ASCII muralists?)

On to bus content: I have two 1/25 model kits of busses, both by Revell. One's a split-windshield panel van (you can tell that the mold was also used to make a 21-window, too! :-() and the other's a Vanagon Westy. I also have a red glass Avon stink decanter-bus (2nd generation style) with a HUGE motorcycle hanging on the back, along with a hotwheels vanagon. My question: anyone know of other bus scale models available -- bigger than those 1/43-scale things that seem to crop up everywhere?

Waaah! I miss my bus! (The Prelude corners too well!) --- Joe Clark Where there's no sense, joeclark@freenet.scri.fsu.edu there's no feeling. http://freenet3.scri.fsu.edu:81/users/joeclark/index.html **WARNING: Failure to edit this .sig from replies may cause disk crash.**