Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Nov 94 08:28:36 CST
From:         Joel Walker <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Subject:      TGIF winner

ok. it's now Monday, so the winner can be told. here's the ones i caught <sorry, will: i missed that first gobblegook-whatever one that went by>

>From: RGOLEN@umassd.edu This Group is F*cked!! :-) <I'd never join any group (club) that would have me for a member!> That GOLEN IS Funny!!!!!

>From: sstones <sstones@io.org> Toyota guys ignite farts. The German Injectors function.

>From: Stuart Hutton <hutton@poly.oscs.montana.edu> The Gear Is Fixed Thank God It's Fixed ... Thank Goodness It's Full ... Thank Goodness It Filled ...

>From: "Norman Leong" <norman_leong@synoptics.com> The Gas is Free This Group (Gruppe?) Is FRESH!

>From: Steve Johnson <sjohnson@pcocd2.intel.com> Tell God I'm Fine That's Good Information Friend That Girl Isn't Fun This Grub Isn't Food Time Goes Incredibly Fast

>From: "rapalmer@eos.ncsu.edu" <rapalmer@unity.ncsu.edu> Transporter going is fun transporters go incredibly fast transporter going is Fahrvergnugen

>From: macklow@sybase.com (Jim Macklow) That God-damned Internet Feed

>From: nrubin@s1.csuhayward.edu (martha rubin) Toe Goes In First.

>From: Joachim Beek <beekj@smd6.jsc.nasa.gov> The Gal In Flannel

>From: Dave Kautz <dkautz@hpsidms1.sid.hp.com> THESE GRITS IS FLAVORFUL!

>From: "P.J. Kenny" <gremlin@iol.ie> Taim Gluistean Innealtoir Freisin. <Gaelic/Irish> <It means 'I'm a car engine too.'>

>From: dcarment@ccs.carleton.ca (David Carment) This Guy Is Finished! Thankful Group Interrupted Finally! That's Grodie Isn't Frank? This Guy is Flummoxed! <confused> Thursday's God Is Fahrvenugen Theory Gouging Ignites Fisticuffs This Group is Flaccid! There Goes Incredible Fun They Give In Failessly

>From: Eric Oster <ekoman@u.washington.edu> This Gunk Isn't Funny. :^)

>From: "Thom Fitzpatrick" <thom@tim.com> This girl is food. That girl is fast!

>From: wabbott@townshend.corp.megatest.com (William Abbott) The Grouse It Found Transporter Grease In Flames Tulip Glass Innocence Fled Thundering Go Into Fate To Grandmothers Insulating Fox Tubular Grody I'msure Function Testosterone Gene I Find Timebomb Got Intended Flat The Green Indicator Flashed Thorough-Going Idiot Financier Took Great Introductory Furniture Through Greek Interval Fumaroles Thinking Green Interior Fancy Tan Ground Ink Fixture Talking Guy Indigo Flavor Treating Gargantuan Iterative Fauve...

my choice comes down to two: richard palmer's "Transporter going is fun" gets the nod as being particularly appropriate to this bunch of crazies.

and pj kenny's 'i'm a car engine, too' struck me as the funniest. unhappily, it is, for me, unpronouncable ... so it gets 2nd place kudos. ;)

you will, of course, notice that i disqualified all of my own entries out of an enormous sense of fair play. :)

joel <here come de judge, here come de judge ...>