Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Nov 1994 18:28:13 -0800 (PST)
From:         dbax@netcom.com (Donald Baxter)
Subject:      Joel Walker, how 'bout your E-mail address?

Joel:

Thanks so much for your invaluable help... If you ever need some help with a project that involves Graphic Design, let me know. I intend on owing you big time 'till I can get my bearings with this thing. I haven't even found the battery yet--wait don't tell me. I could use the surprise.

Please send me your E-mail address!

The thwarted idle adjustment makes sense to me. The CO sensor probably has NEVER been changed on this thing (it wouldn't surprise me anyway). As soon as I figure out where I'm buying the Bentley manual I'll be changing that out. As well as the temperature sensor. Again, my understanding was that the idle was not adjustable, the throttle screw does not look like it has been tampered with (wax is still intact) the CO adjustment screw cover is missing--how might the idle has been adjusted?

To: Jerry Huff who recommended Performance Specialties as a source for the $55 Vanagon Bentley manual. I appreciate the tip but be advised that their mail order department is closed until Jan 1996--apparently they are rebuilding, remodeling and to my amazement, they have shut mail order down for the process (earthquake damage???? maybe).

Joe Baysle did offer me a 20% discount at Jim Ellis, though--I guess I'll get it there. Thanks again, Joel. Don't think I should wait till the end of the year. I hope it's more informative than the one for my '92 Passat Variant.

Getting the upholstery cleaner after it tomorrow! It's pretty grungy inside (is this what weekends are for?).

BTW, on telling a friend about this acquisition he remarked: "Donald, most people hit 36 and have the early mid-life crisis and they buy red Mazda Miata convertibles--you buy a big grey bus?"--

Do we drive Volkswagens in spite of VWOA? ________________________________