Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Dec 94 10:47:18 PST
From:         David Schwarze <schwarze@superc.nosc.mil>
Subject:      Re: toon physics (also applies to VW's)

H Steven Dolan writes: > > Cartoon Laws of Physics > ---------------------- > Cartoon Law I > ============= > Any body suspended in space will remain in space until made > aware of its situation. > > Daffy Duck steps off a cliff, expecting further pastureland. > He loiters in midair, soliloquizing flippantly, until he > chances to look down. At this point, the familiar principle > of 32 feet per second per second takes over.

BZZZZTT! Sorry, this is wrong. When Daffy/Wile. E./etc look down, they instantly accelerate to a high rate of speed, and remain at that speed for their entire trip. Glad I could clear that up, hehe...

> Cartoon Law IX > ============== > Everything falls faster than an anvil.

Corollary: Everything except an anvil falls faster than a baby grand.

Oh, I replaced my front passenger seat yesterday with a bucket seat from a 73 Capri. I intend to replace the drivers seat next weekend. My original seats are in decent shape... does anyone want them? I could bring them to the January campout. If not, they are destined for the dumpster. They are standard black vinyl 73 bus seats, not very comfortable. The passenger one looks great, no rips, but the filling stuff is disintigrating. Ditto the drivers seat, and it has a couple of small tears.

I know I should have posted this under a more appropriate subject, but:

1. I needed some VW content in this post, and

2. People who don't read *every* post from vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu in its entirity (sp?) don't deserve my seats!

Cheers, -David

============================================================================= David Schwarze '73 VW Safare Custom Camper (Da Boat) SAIC Comsystems, San Diego '73 Capri GT 2800 (Da Beast) schwarze@nosc.mil '87 Mustang Lx 5.0 (Da Bruiser? Soon...) =============================================================================