Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 06 Dec 94 12:02:06 CST
From:         Joel Walker <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Subject:      mail from south america

i got a postcard in the mail today, and thought i'd share it with all the "old-timers" on the list.

"From William Warburton - on Tour in the Americas!

Hi Joel,

Thought I'd send a card from down here in Peru where every second car is a Beetle and you can still buy Breadloaf buses brand new with an upright 1600cc engine! Amazing to see a new one again after all these years.

Judy and I are having a great time and seeing all sorts of fascinating things (including the total eclipse at the beginning of Nov.). We're still hoping to make the Great Trans-America Brick Tour, if it works out. We'll try & contact David Schwarze early next year to see if it's still on. Anyway, hope you are doing well & keep on VWing! Cheers, W."

now <joel again>, i'm not so sure about this. the post card has the word 'FATTO' in big betters across the top of the back. how he know? he ain't never seen me!!!??? :)

joel "wonder what that means in English?"