Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Dec 1994 22:21:28 -0700 (MST)
From:         ebergstr@teton.mines.colorado.edu (Shiny Happy VW Person)
Subject:      Bentley & Flywheels

Hi All, This is my first post, Yay!, and I just have a couple of quick questions. I have a '59 Kombi and it's my first bus. So far I've only seen references to Bentley manuals for '63 to '67. I've got the idiot book already (I use it a LOT too :-) but I like the bentley manuals for some of the specific stuff. Is this manual valid for my model, except for maybe the bullet turn signals? Also, I am replacing the engine in the bus. It had a '57 1200 sitting in the back seat when I got it(and it still turns even) but I decided I might want to get on a highway someday so anyway, what's the story on the flywheels, I seem to remember this coming up before, but I may have missed a crucial part, Are the 12 and 6 volt flywheels the same size? I know that the teeth are different, ergo if you have a 12 volt flywheel, you have a 12 volt starter to fit it, but are the diameters the same, or will a 12 volt flywheel machine my transmission for me? BTW, I like grits! Thx in advance! -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Eric Bergstrom "When the moon is in the seventh house <ebergstr@mines.colorado.edu> and Jupiter aligns with Mars. Then peace will guide our planets, and love will steer the stars" -The Fifth Dimension ---------------------------------------------------------------------------