Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Jan 95 19:56:19 -0500
From:         walshp@ippdsgi3.nawc-ad-indy.navy.mil (Pat Walsh)
Subject:      VANAGON manual database

Okay, here's what I have compiled based on the past week or two's messages about manuals and other literature. I'm proposing that this be included in the FAQ and/or on the gopher site. Please take a look at it and if you see something that's incorrect let me know or if you have additional details. Also, if your name appears in the list but you'd rather it didn't let me know that, too, and I'll be happy to remove you from the list. And if you AREN'T on the list but would like to make manuals you have available to others, let me know THAT, too. (Whew, I think I covered all the categories!) After a week or so I'll post again with any changes I receive, and maybe some kind soul (Gerry, Joel, ?) will take care of incorporating it into the collective VANAGON consciousness. Thanks!

Pat Walsh, '71 Westy, walshp@ippdsgi3.nawc-ad-indy.navy.mil

TYPE II LITERATURE AVAILABLE

The following collection of owner's manuals and other literature related to Transporters is available from other VANAGON list members. Most of these manuals are out of print and hard to come by, and therefore the holders have offered to make copies for the benefit of others. Some of these manuals are quite lengthy, so PLEASE: no idle curiousity requests. For the larger repair type manuals, it might be advantageous to request certain sections rather than the entire manual. In any case, "contributions" to cover postage and copying fees would probably be appropriate, or offers to trade for literature you have. Please contact Pat Walsh <walshp@ippdsgi3.nawc-ad-indy.navy.mil> for additions/deletions/corrections to this list. Thanks!

OWNER'S MANUALS ------- -------

1960 - 1964 Steve Walker <walker4@ccfsun.nrl.navy.mil> - one manual, covers above years 1965 - Michael Heron <michael.heron@utoronto.ca> 1970 - Doug Shapter <dps@kafka.atinc.com> 1971 - Pat Walsh <walshp@ippdsgi3.nawc-ad-indy.navy.mil> - missing foldout cutaway picture of bus 1972 - Dyer Lytle <lytle@noao.edu> 1973 - Michael Heron <michael.heron@utoronto.ca> 1973 - Dyer Lytle <lytle@noao.edu> 1974 - Michael Heron <michael.heron@utoronto.ca> 1974 - Dave Kautz <dkautz@hpsidms1.sid.hp.com> 1976 - Stefan Ufer <sufer@email.unc.edu> 1979 - Ralf MacGrady <an467@freenet.carleton.ca> 1981 - Martha Rubin <nrubin@n1.csuhayward.edu>

WESTFALIA (CAMPMOBILE) MANUALS --------- ------------ ------- (supplement to Owner's Manual)

1967 - Michael Heron <michael.heron@utoronto.ca> 1969 or 1970 - Doug Shapter <dps@kafka.atinc.com> 1970 - Pat Walsh <walshp@ippdsgi3.nawc-ad-indy.navy.mil> - purportedly, same manual provided for 1971 models 1973 - Dyer Lytle <lytle@noao.edu> 1974 - Dave Kautz <dkautz@hpsidms1.sid.hp.com> 1975 - Sami Dakhlia <dakhlia@wuecona.wustl.edu> 1976 - Stefan Ufer <sufer@email.unc.edu> 1981 - Martha Rubin <nrubin@n1.csuhayward.edu>

GAS HEATER MANUALS --- ------ -------

"South Wind Heater Installation Instructions" for Transporter - dated 7-63, model 8332 (the instructions say they can be used for model 8333 - one is 6V, the latter is 12V). 10pp with line drawings and black and white photos. Joe Clark <joeclark@freenet.scri.fsu.edu>

South Wind Service Manual for 1956-1969 Types I, II, and III - 32 photos of installations in all models (bw), 85 line drawings, 50 pp. Joe Clark <joeclark@freenet.scri.fsu.edu>

"Volkswagen 1961-1965 Sedan Heater Kit Model 8345-C" (also South Wind) - Installation, heater checkout, parts list, graphics as above. 6pp. Joe Clark <joeclark@freenet.scri.fsu.edu>

"Supplement No. 2 to Service Manual 05-1163 (Rev. 7-63)" (nope, not the one above) - 2pp typed info, apparently introducing changes to heater 8345 B for 64/65 when it became the C. Joe Clark <joeclark@freenet.scri.fsu.edu>

Misc pages from Eberspacher Heater manual, type BN2, models 20-1215 (6V) and 20-1216 (12V); these are for 1500-1600cc type IIIs - Total 9pp, medium-quality non-original (xerox), with 5pp on description and operation, 2 pp on installation (missing much of this section - starts with step 21 :-(, and 2 pp on troubleshooting. Joe Clark <joeclark@freenet.scri.fsu.edu>

PARTS LISTS AND CATALOGS ----- ----- --- --------

1967 VW Campmobile Parts Catalogue Part # 734 016 80 - 82 pp Michael Heron <michael.heron@utoronto.ca>

early 60's VW Parts List (dated Aug 63') Part # 735 032 20 - approx. 400 pages! Michael Heron <michael.heron@utoronto.ca>

late 60's VW Parts List (dated 2/68) Part # 735 022 20 - approx. 200 pages Michael Heron <michael.heron@utoronto.ca>