Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 9 Jan 95 7:56:21 PST
From:         Steve Johnson <sjohnson@pcocd2.intel.com>
Subject:      Re: W pretour trip report

So martha rubin says: > John Hugenard - for diagnosing and replacing a bad fuse under the > driver's seat. now, thanks to him, I'll have water, and the rest > of my lites, etc. in the DC system work. Also, thanks for the lube job > on the seats. The turn and swivel much better now.

Lube job? Swivel seat. Did I miss something extraodinarily exciting? ;)

> > Steve Johnson - for testing and diagnosing my rear reading light > problem. I'll get the right bulbs tomorrow, I promise.

Yeah, the single nipple ones, not the double nipple! ;P >

David S.'s condition was just fine in my opininion. ;) > > Thanks to all of you nerds!

Nerds! Hmmmmm.... the next time I diagnose a problem on your van I'm going to wire it a little different. ;)

You didn't mention Dave Garth's electric hair dryer manuver on the fire. Dave had this hair dryer (god knows why) and hooked it up to Bradley's inverter (I think) and ran the hair dryer pointed at the fire to help fan the flames (or to get flames in the first place ;) )

David arrived about 3 minutes before Linda and I and we did manuvers through the campground to try to find the best sight. When we got back to the booth, Dave Garth was just arriving. We got registered and got acquainted and then checked out Dave's hi-tech van. What a layout! Warm water in the sink, shower out back. And a (dare I say it) sano heater set up that looked OEM IMO. So we just sat in his van for a while discussing our backgrounds and such with soft jazz music in the background. It was great!

Finally Bradley and Jeff showed up and Marth and Sara. Marth seeing that nothing had been done took charge and the fire got started and groceries got chopped, fish got prepared, people were chattering and getting to know each other better. Eventually we got a pot on the fire with all the goodies being added. Linda was babysitting the potatoes on the coleman stove. (I did help chop the potatoes some too ya know). People kept arriving here and there and dinner was progressive as new things got added to the pot. The beer was good (contrary to what a certain person thought ;) ). There was wine and coffee concoctions to be had. Anyway, a fine time was had by all, I think.

I'll let someone else elaborate on the rest of the gathering.

It was great though. There'll definitely be more.

Steven

sjohnson@pcocd2.intel.com