Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Jan 1995 22:51:08 -0800 (PST)
From:         Eric Oster <ekoman@u.washington.edu>
Subject:      Re: vw dealers refuse (conspiracy)

On Mon, 16 Jan 1995, Steve Johnson wrote:

> So Joel Walker says: > > i get the feeling that the vw dealers are involved in a conspiracy with GM > > .. those Chevrolet people in the VWOA started it! ... to just be so mean > > and rotten, that they run everybody away from VW. > > > As usual the cause is greed and money. They want you to get rid of your > older cars (any brand) so that your forced to buy the new more expensive > and almost impossible to work on new cars. [snip] > But fear not! We with this list and other mediums are just as relentless > and will outsmart these fiends by sharing information about the newer > cars so that we will know how to work on them and how to handle most > problems. Well, at least until we get too lazy to do so. ;) Well, since I subscribed to this list (about 8 months ago.) I've learned enough about vanagons, and post-1967 busses in general, that I feel I can give somewhat competent advice (consulting the list first, of course. :^)) And my 1983 Buick (gasp!) is a disposable car, since I can apparently get no parts/support for it anymore. I have much better luck finding parts for my `66 bus, or my `55 Ford..... > > Unfortunately, the aircooleds air slowly dying off. What a lost. > A whole generation of history slowly rusting into the past. :( HEY! They are not dying off!!!! Some young-un's (like myself), who can still do the underbody crawl, are keeping the tradition alive! I make a point to wave to _all_ bus owners, bug owners (if they wave first. :)) I ALWAYS stop to help all aircooled VW's, (still can't tell the difference between a jetta and cabriolet.) Well, hell. Mabey Volkswagens are a religion, and for your perusal: 1st commandment: Thou shalt change thine oil every 2500 miles, or suffer the fate of the burned valves

2nd commandment: Thou shalt stop for all Volkswagens in need, and in return thou shalt receive the same treatment; for today's helpee may become tomorrow's succor... :^)

*********************************************************************** * `I make my cars to GO, not to STOP!' -Bugatti, after being told that* * his car's brakes were substandard. * * Eric Oster (ekoman@u.washington.edu) * ***********************************************************************