Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Jan 95 13:19:20 PST
From:         Steve Johnson <sjohnson@pcocd2.intel.com>
Subject:      Re: west coast trip - hikes, dogs, music

So John Huguenard says: > > Well, > > Reservations are still available. Carol and I nabbed one this morning, so > we will be there with Tonto the dog.

I'd be awfully suprised if anybody would have trouble getting a site/reser- vation, this being the first weekend after the New Years celebrations. But I wouldn't wait any longer to call.

> > Does anyone know if there is much open sky access at the campsite? I am > debating bringing my telescope, but it is a little cumbersome, and as I > recall it is pretty heavily wooded at Pfeiffer. Besides the forecast looks > like rain ;{ through Saturday.

I would think fog/overcast would be your biggest worry.

> Martha, What time do you think the dinner will be? We will bring some after > dinner libations, as you suggested, and will probably bring an appetizer as > well. Hopefully we can get there early enough for that. Also, can you > remind me of the logistics? Is the first person there going to try to round > up a group of nearby campsites and reserve them?

Well, I'm not Martha and I don't where flannel to work but.... ;) I presumed that dinner was going to be an on-going affair on a FCFS basis but I'll wait as long as everyone else wants to, but I like me stew warm. ;)

We went out yesterday and bought some gloves, thinsulate undergarments, film. A couple of pies for dessert (sorry they're not homemade Martha but I suspect they're quite eatible ;) ) Got the Kalua (sp?) and cream and decaf coffee to pour it in, beer, potatoes will be bought at fresh as possible. The fish will be bought on the way down. I hates stinky fish! Camping gear is always ready to go. Anyone know what the temperature lows at Pfeiffer will be appoximately?

Oh, and your site should be reserved for you if you mention that your with the Vanagon list I believe. (I owe Bill Abbott ~$28.00 and a beer)

Steven

sjohnson@pcocd2.intel.com