Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Jan 1995 15:25:22 -0800
From:         wabbott@townshend.Corp.Megatest.COM (William Abbott)
Subject:      (f) Hi to Tobin & Christa, models, wieghts, etc.

this is a digest reponse...

Hi Tobin and Christa!! (Dave, Jeff, pass this on? thanks)

Someone wanted the scoop on the fella who sells pre-68 bus model kits:

Think Small Models Dennis Chung 6080 Clark Road Ottawa Lake, MI 49267 (313)888-1409

I've seen confirmation in this country that the Vanagon model is being re-released in UN colors (Bosnia...- white with blue UN decal).

I shipped my case, crank, rods, extra-deep-sump and heads down to EIS to save the core charge of $140. It cost $59 to send them UPS from San Jose to Corona!! Oh well, I'll stop and pick-up $80 any chance I can, and I trust they'll be able to re-use what can be re-used. I wouldn't reuse a case and cooler that had been with a melted piston without some kind of really excellent cleaning of the oil passages... This felt better than selling it to someone at a swap who might have a tragedy involving pits of the old piston coming out of the oil passages...

FYI, the ES-21 case, deep-sump, crank and rods installed, no flywheel, oilpump or head studs, reasonably boxed, wieghed 75lb! The heads, valves, springs, rockers, but no pushrods or valve covers, wieghed 29lb boxed.

I'm left with a 34 PICT 3 carb, dual-port manifold, generator, fan, selected engine tin and a two-vacuum-tube distributor that are looking for a good home.

The best part is that the old head studs, old pressure plate and various bent pieces of engine tin went into the curb-side recycling bin and got taken! Is this a great country or what? Yes, Ian helped with this.

Cheers, all! Bill