Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Jan 95 11:30:06 AST
From:         smitht@jupiter.sun.csd.unb.ca (Tim Smith)
Subject:      Re: Looking for a bus

>I'm looking for a VW bus. I will be travelling throughout the Yukon <snip> >need to be at all camperized, as I will be tenting most of the time >anyways, I just need the enclosed space for my equipment if the wind >or weather is really bad. So, if you can help me out in any way, >that would be really grand.

Hi, I am selling my van now, about to buy another one. It would seem ideal for your purposes. I am in Fredericton, NB, so you can check it out if interested.

1985 Transporter, 1.9 litre water cooled gasoline engine 4 speed transmission. 161,000 Km, primarily highway (Ont->NB trips)

colour white/black trim, no chrome as this is a 3/4 ton utility vehicle this is a panel van, no windows in sides, except for a louvered/fine-mesh one in sliding door interior: panelled in white plastic surface board, properly insulated with 3 1/2" fiberglass pink and vapour barrier fold down double bed, front hammock (for gear or small child) sink/pump/6 gal. H2O tank "fridge" using an electric Koolatron unit, OK but a bit weak swing out table, seats 4 for dinner storage bench and storage seat, plus under-bed storage clothes wardrobe (all of this can be removed in <2hrs, leaving a HUGE cargo area) Not a pop-top (or it wouldn't be for sale!) exterior: solid 'as new' condition, Rust-Checked, undersprayed etc annually surface (sun) blemish and slight seam rust. this van will last another 10 years without any problem all doors slide/open smoothly one long scrape along drivers side, cosmetic only no other dents, even the bumpers are straight. driveability: water pump and front brakes replaced 2 years ago (<6,000 km) good tires 6 ply rating, 20-22 mpg on highway cruises 120kph effortlessly, no shifting to 3rd. on hills unless fully laden (and going too slowly to begin with). top speed 145kph very smooth/stable vehicle, suspension and steering excellent very good ground clearance, about 9-10 inches

Needs nothing really, I normally park it all winter, but it is on the road now. Please feel free to phone me directly if you wish more info. It's been in the local paper and I have one person I consider serious looking at it. He's also going across Canada next spring. tim s.