Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Jan 1995 10:42:56 -0500
From:         michael.heron@utoronto.ca (Michael Heron)
Subject:      Re: Brazilian Bus: The Plan

well, there are sure some butthead u.s. border guards at the detroit crossing

i once made the mistake of carrying tri-coloured pasta and trail mix in my car across the border.

The border guard had never seen tri-coloured pasta and was immediately suspect, plus he thought that the remanants of my "trail mix" was a bag of weed! Now come on you can't tell me that guy has an i.q. larger than his shoe size! When i told him i was a university student, he wanted to know why i wasn't carrying my homework with me!

Just one example of the countless hassles i have received from us border guards who see a very stock 65' Westy as the ultimate drug carrying machine. I don't even have long hair, or any peace signs on the van!

Michael (donning his fire retardent flame suit!)