Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Jan 1995 11:04:58 -0500
From:         michael.heron@utoronto.ca (Michael Heron)
Subject:      Re: Q on converting bus to a camper

brad:

probably the most difficult part of the conversion will be the big hole you have to cut in the roof, plus installing the pop top.

I'm not sure if they had it in 70' but a lot of the Westy's had a belly pan on the underside to reinforce the strenth of the van, since it had a 4 foot hole in the roof. I'm not sure if this pan is welded, bolted or what. It shouldn't be too dificult to fit the interior in though, if you wanted to skip installing the pop-top though.

michael