Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Jan 1995 21:20:46 -0600 (CST)
From:         dakhlia@wuecona.wustl.edu (Sami Dakhlia)
Subject:      Re: WESTY TENTS

> So can you tell me what is the manual besides set up? Perhaps >care of the material? Maby I need a copy too, mine is a 71'. >Walt. 82 westy 71 2002........................ >

Nope, it doesn't say much about care of the material, except this:

"Remember not to push up from the inside to dislodge water that has collected. Touching the inside of the tent while it is wet could cause the tent to leak at the spot. This is perfectly normal with any canvas tent.

Allow the tent to dry thoroughly after it has been wet, before returning it to the storage bag. In the event you cannot dry it immediately, dry it out as soon as possible. Air-drying is best, away from any source of direct heat. Make sure the seams, edges, and all the cloth panels are dry before packing.

Clean and dry the bottom of the vinyl floor very well before packing the tent.

Don't roll up the stakes and ground pins with the tent, keep them separate to help prevent mildew.

Stains caused by spills, tree sap or bird droppings can be washed off with clear water and brown soap. Spot removers or volatile solvents could ruin the waterproofing and color of your tent."

The booklet mentions 2 types of tents (I'll paraphrase): one for vehicles delivered in the USA and Canada; the other for Tourist Delivery vehicles:

1) Campertent -- available in USA and Canada (short description) 9'6" by 9'6", seven foot ceiling, 50 lbs. *Assembly instructions are packed with the tent*

2) Campmobile Tent -- available for Tourist Delivery Vehicles assembly instructions follow....

Maybe --and I'm just guessing-- that Campertent was made in the USA or Canada by some other company, which would explain why Westfalia did not include instructions for that model...

Anyway, if anyone would like a xerox, just send me your snail-mailing address.

Sami, dakhlia@wuecona.wustl.edu