Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 21 Jan 1995 15:20:08
From:         schlyer@um.cc.umich.edu (B. Schlyer)
Subject:      FS (or?): '66 VW Bus

I have a '66 Bus sitting at a friend's farm outside (Davis) Sacromento, CA. I DROVE it there3-1/2 years ago. I'm going to go to CA in three weeks and plan to Junk the car UNLESS someone shows some interest in it. As I recall the particulars are:

Body: split front window (13 total, all intact), swing-out doors, body fair to good, new headliner, removable roof-rack

Engine: 1600cc dual port with 34-PICT(?), RVEECO external cooler with tapped case and filter, 6-V system w/ dipstick oil temp sensor, Bosch 009 straight mechcanical dist.

Spare Parts: 1600cc heads(complete) with single port intake manifold, Holley Bug-Spray carb with intake manifold, high-ratio rocker arms, complete short block w/ 12-volt flywheel (case needs work), 6-V generator, pair steering knuckle/king-pin/stub axles, misc. old cylinders, oil coolers ,etc.

The bus used to run. The only two problems I can remember, excluding the problems associated with a 6-V system, is that the transaxle leaks (it has for years, I just kept it filled up), and that the front end needs some work (very squirrelly as I recall). I'd like to get some money for my old bus, my friend deserves a real nice present for staring at it all these years. If anyone is interested in the bus or the spare junk please e-mail me in the next three weeks (up to 2/10) and maybe we can work something out.

Bruce schlyer@um.cc.umich.edu