Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Jan 1995 10:24:33 -0600
From:         dbax@mindspring.com (Donald Baxter)
Subject:      Wacky Warning light

Before you start going through the elaborate process of tracing wiring and looking for shorts, etc.etc. I really suggest that you just try to replace the sensor, or borrow one from someone else's VW (any will do--if I were in geographic proximity I'd lend you one from my Passat or Bus). Anyway, it's cheap, and it certainly solved the problem when it happened to me. I suggest that many more things can happen to this sensor in terms of it going out than could happen to anything behind your instrument cluster (although a brake fluid spill back there could be disastrous).

It just appears to me that we rush into the worst possible scenarios sometimes when trying to solve each other's mechanical problems. The process should be from the simple and cheap to the complicated and expensive.