Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 9 Jan 1995 08:26:09 -0800
From:         nrubin@s1.csuhayward.edu (martha rubin)
Subject:      Re: W pretour trip report

Right! I forgot about that great 12v hairdryer. The amount of DC power consumed on this one trip must have been phenomenal. Not to mention propane. Not to mention how it could give us all such great things - like the ice cream bars David Schwarze kept in his freezer (and I mean a REAL freezer!).

Steve: face it, you married a camping goddess. That Linda knows how to rough it in grand style. She had absolutely EVERYTHING anyone needed, whether it be butter, eggs, oil, a twistie, dishwashing items, etc. We're going to set the next trip to HER convenience!

Speaking of which, in general people I think exhibited an interest in doing this every 8-12 weeks or so. Does anyone want to nominate a place and time for the next one? A suggestion for the desert was made, but I can't remember for which one, or how far away it was.

On the next trip, I'm going to enlist the help of the other females to do a beer frisk - GAWD, you guys had SO MANY bottles. How can you drink that stuff in the cold? I mean, there was glass and caps EVERYWHERE - that alley between our vans looked worse than skid row. Disgusting! ;)

/martha