Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 9 Jan 1995 16:55:44 -0500 (EST)
From:         sstones <sstones@io.org>
Subject:      The Smash-mobile

Some of you may remember, about a month ago, I did some unexpected bodywork on the front of my 85 with the rear bumper of a Pontiac.

I appreciate the sympathies that were e-mailed to me. Thanks all.

I took it to the body shop, Laird Auto Body in Toronto, over my X-mas vacation. It's back now, and really quite beautiful. For an extra $800, I had them sand and paint everything from the raingutters down. (It had a few rust colored highlights that I didn't like). They did a great job aesthetically, (lets see if it's rusty in 6 months). And except for the left headlight now having an intermittantly poor ground, it's in good looking shape. They put the sideview mirrors on backwards, left on roght, right on left, And I have discovered that the driver's side of a Vanagon works much better with a right side mirror on it (Mounted horizontally instead of vertically). The left mirror on the right side is completely useless however, So don't bother making the swap yourself. I gotta switch em back. But if you ever smash your left mirror, you may want to replace it with a right one.

Oh, and as a last note, Let's have one of the up and coming camping trips in the North or North east states, so it's more easily accessable to all.

Better yet... Southern Ontario has some beautiful Campgrounds... Hint Hint Hint...

Cheers

<sstones@io.org> SStones Toronto, Ontario.