Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Jan 1995 17:17:10 -0500
From:         "David Easterwood" <deasterw@st6000.sct.edu>
Subject:      Re: type II's (Michael Heron)

michael,

There aren't that many *really* nice busses down here in Atlanta either. I think any split window that you can drive is a good one though.

Here's a few descriptions of my friends busses. My main competitor for the most busses is Allen Becker. He is the leader of the local chapter of NEATO (if you are a NEATO member you may have seen his picture in the last issue of the Old Bus Review "recruiting" new members). He has a '56 standard that is a real project. His pride & joy is his '58 standard which is in amazing unrestored shape. It's only problems are a torn front seat cover and some slight rust at the battery tray. He also has a '64 standard that he bought from the original owner for $100. The bus is complete but currently disassembled awaiting funds to be repainted. He has a '67 21 window with very little rust that we are currently trying to find a middle seat for. He has a '68 Crew Cab that is in really good shape. We went to Busses by the Arch this year in it. He also has '71 & '75 Westfalias and a '73 Thing.

Tim Humphries has a '63 Crew Cab which he has had for a couple of years. He finally got it painted this summer & it looks much better than it did. (should have spent a few more bucks on body work though.)

Gotta go now. Fill you in on more later

61 Single Cab Pickup Dave Easterwood 61 Double Door Walk-Thru Panel deasterw@st6000.sct.edu 61 Deluxe Beetle 66 Westfalia 66 Deluxe Bus 66 Sunroof Deluxe Bus 69 Rust Bug 73 Westfalia 77 Westfalia