Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Jan 1995 18:02:12 +0500
From:         anon869@vt.edu (Christopher Bridge)
Subject:      Re: 71 engine

>Chris, I see where you got some good advice on where to shop for a >rebuild kit. The list, however, only got one of these responses, that >I saw. Could you please let me know what else you found out? Thanks, >Jim >-- > True true. I am really torn about what to do. The case is out at the machinist to get line bored, and will be back tomorrow around 5 pm. plenty of time to get an order to colorado or cali. Money is tight, and this tends to not look in The Bus Stop's favor. They look real expensive. I've been leaning toward Performance Specialties, as they have low prices. It seems to me that a new head is a new head, no matter how much you pay. Remanufactured parts are another thing completly, Who knows whos been working on that crank or connecting rod set?

I've been considering ordering just the engine kit from Mofoco or the bus stop, and ordering the other parts like heads, etc. from someone cheaper.

By the way, over the summer, I built a homemade parts washer, (that is a motorized pump for those smarties). I'll post the details if anyone is interested.

If y'll got any advice, now is the time for it! Chris Bridge Currently building an engine for a ''71 Westy E-mail cbridge@vt.edu