Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 03 Feb 95 09:39:45 CST
From:         Joel Walker <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Subject:      F-F-F-Friday? HERE IT COMES!!!

Vee Dub Busing (to the tune of Lemon Tree ... with a calypso beat).

When I was just a teenaged lad, My father said, "Don't fuss, Just come and take a lesson from This old Volkswagen Bus."

"Don't put your faith in Love, my boy," My father said to me, "I fear you'll find that Love is like This Vee Dub Bus you see ..."

<chorus> Vee Dub Buses are so pretty, Well-designed and really neat, But they all are underpowered, And impossible to heat.

"Make sure you've always clothes enough To sleep out in the snow, And when you drive, don't drive too far, And never drive too slow."

"And if it breaks, just fix it there, Don't rant and rave and cuss," My father spoke these words to me, About my Vee Dub Bus.

<chorus>

I took the bus away to school, My father's words forgot, Until the winter with it's snow Showed heat that wasn't hot.

So all the winter, round I drove, Dressed up like Eskimos, With ice and snow inside my bus, And frost upon my nose.

<chorus>

And when the spring with green leaves came, We went away for Break, To Flor-i-da, Where Sunshine Flows, And girls are on the make! ;)

But as we drove for days and nights, My father's words replayed, For by the time we reached the sand, The girls had all been made. :(

<chorus>

And now I'm old, and past my prime, But still I drive the Bus, I've learned to drive with heated cold And travel without fuss.

Mistakes I've made throughout the years, And learned from each, it's true, That when you go vacationing, Take the girls you want with you!

<chorus> <chorus>

:)