Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 03 Feb 1995 12:38:25 -0500
From:         30SKUCERA@sophia.sph.unc.edu
Subject:      [Re]the bizarre

Paul Sogge has a poltergeist in his bus that may be from the same lineage as that which possessed my Campmobile. Although the manifestation was not as dramatic I am willing to suggest the culprit may take residence in your fuse box, located next to the steering column.

My problem dealt with either a malfunctioning radio, inconsistant dash light operation, and failure to turn the engine inspite of full battery power.

I removed the two screws on the fuse box and gently pulled it away from the mount. It was apparent that the door buzzer wire was disconnected. This was jumping around (probably when I closed the front door hard) and shorting out the other connectors. I hate the sickly moan of the door buzzer so I just removed the wire and have since had no problems with the electrical system.

So Paul, I would have a look behind your fuse box. It's a little hard to bend the upper torso to get a good look but easy removal of the driver's seat helps. Make sure all the connectors are fastened, then follow the wires from the light switch and brake switch (which is under the bus, situated on the master cylinder- directly below the driver's seat). Maybe someone knows the color of the wires so you won't have to crawl under to find out.

Don't worry, have a homebrew!

SAK '77 Campmobile