Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Feb 95 09:34:55 PST
From:         David.Kao@Eng.Sun.COM (David Kao)
Subject:      Re: used parts

There are junkyards in South San Jose that let you dismantle and pick whatever you need from hundreds of retired/injured cars including VW busses (not vanagons). They charge significantly lower. I picked up an alternator for my Volvo for $18 including a voltage regulator mounted on it. It was pure breed volvo alternator. I saw 4 or 5 busses and at least 1 camper with the pop top raised up. I saw a pair of air cooled cylinder heads lying on dirt and no one seemed interested. They are probably for 1600 bugs. I think there are at least 30 may be 50 bugs sitting there waiting for parts seekers. There are still a lot of useful parts on them. Many good body parts (no rust mostly). If you happen to be in San Jose go check them out.

David Kao