Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Feb 95 14:04:56 PST
From:         David.Kao@Eng.Sun.COM (David Kao)
Subject:      Re: used parts

This Junkyard is located at Commercial St. and Berryesa. Exit from 101 at Old Oakland (north) and turn right on Commercial, left side of the street before reaching Berryesa.

They post a huge price list at entrance. Alternators are listed at $10 but they charge me $18 for Volvo. I took it since it was much cheaper still. I could get something like $5 back if I returned the core within 30 days. Engines are listed for $99. Automatic transmissions are $50. Head lights (bulbs) $3 each. There are plenty of speedometers of all brands. Anything you see, DIY (dismental it yourself) and pay at exit. Bring your own tools.

I saw a guy got a pair of almost new Michelin tires (with rims) for bugs. He said it was $15 each. I saw probably 50 watercooled VWs (wabbit, golf... stuff) in addition to perhaps another 50 bugs. Plenty of engines, doors, bumpers, starters, alternators, speedometers, trannies, body parts... Most of them have very little rust.

I think I will go there again this weekend. I'll take another look at old VW busses to see if there is anything interesting there. Anyone interested in any particular things? Sorry, no westy tents.

David Kao dkao@eng.sun.com