Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         09 Feb 95 10:50:00 -0700
From:         yo_jack@club.ncdl.com (Jack Reed)
Subject:      Heater, heaters, heaters....

Hi All, Sorry to lump all this together, but I'm getting this in digest mode, so I guess I'll just regurgitate it back the same way 8).

Re: the individual looking for the yard with all the heaters (25), I have written down - Interstate VW, Used Parts 1303 Engineer Street Vista CA 92083 (619) 598 - 1376

Hope that helps. As I recall, the original poster complained that they weren't very responsive concerning pieces and parts. YMMV. I have no experience with them.

Re: the individual with a '78 (?) looking to recirculate interior air from underneath the back seat; look for an Eberspacher BA6 (currently in use in my '81) that's being parted out or buy the whole thing. I had to cut a hole underneath the rear seat to provide return air to the auxilliary fan, which plumbs into the heater duct. There's also a section of plumbing that connects to the existing heater duct plumbing from the heater boxes. There are little flaps in the plumbing that make sure the air from the aux. fan doesn't blow air back into the boxes. I have no idea how well this will work without the heater in place, but it sounds like what you're looking for.

If you find a BA6 and want some help with the hookups/troubleshooting let me know, I'm pretty much an expert ( 8( ) on them at this point.

Jack

--- Blue Wave/RA v2.12 [NR] -- |Internet: yo_jack@club.ncdl.com | | Standard disclaimer: The views of this user are strictly their own. | From EMCC BBS +1-303-490-2843 - Ft. Collins, CO