Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Feb 95 9:13:03 PST
From:         Dave Kautz <dkautz@hpsidms1.sid.hp.com>
Subject:      Tops that pop straight up

Regarding the thread on non-Westy pop tops that go straight up [rather than hinged]: I've seen a couple of breadloaf buses with tops installed by a company called ASI. These tops had a mechanism that included some really long springs and an x-bar linkage so that the weight of the top was easily raised straight up.

Both of the buses with these tops that I have seen were 7 passenger models that had the pop-top added later.

As to the question about the location of Sportsmobile - I've think I remember seeing them advertise in "Motorland" , the magazine sent to AAA auto club members. I'll look through an issue tonight if it isn't already thrown out.

Best Regards,

Dave "digesting and ready to s..." Kautz