Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Feb 1995 11:37:15 -0500
From:         michael.heron@utoronto.ca (Michael Heron)
Subject:      Re: Sportsmobiles, Westy Tent Page, & Fords.

>Christopher Bridge quoth: >> >> >now, do any of you happen to know where this company called Sportsmobile >> >actually is? >> >> I don't know, but I think I have one of these on my 71 bus. I mentioned >> that mine pops straight up and nobody had heard of it. Anyone have any >> pic's or something like that? I really want to get mine on the road to get >> to a get-together, maybe someone can ID this. >> >I've seen two of these designs at shows (BTW thanx for posting the article, >Martha!). One was a canvas affair with two long narrow cots; another was >a sort of accordionized plastic. I'll try to get 'em scanned in & put up. > >This gives us: >Westfalia >Dormobile >Sportsmobile

This are kind of a grey areas but here goes:

Sundial Campers did coversions on old split window busses, don't know if they offered a pop top though.

Have seen photocopies of a company manufacturing the Douglas Super Top and Chimo HighTops (those giant fibreglass things that bolt on to the top of the bus basically doubles the height of the van)

michael >anyone know of other poptop vendors and their respective years? More >anal-retentive trivia for the FAQ! > >BTW saw a ford van with a poptop yesterday. Cool. Didn't catch the mfr >name, tho. > >**ANNOUNCE** New Account! Westy Tent pages will be moving! Owner tired >(but appreciative) of slow Freenet machine! Look for details here!*** > >Joe > >jclark@nexus.polaris.net