Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 Feb 95 08:42 CST
From:         solution@ic.mankato.mn.us (Your PC Solution)
Subject:      Re: SUBSCRIBE

>On Tue, 31 Jan 95 12:18:39 CST you said: >>I was referred to you for other Type II fans. Would like to hear what you >>are about. > >well ... here's the standard Seduction Message i send out to all the folks >that i notice posting something about buses: > >i just wondered if you knew about the bus list. there are about 240 >of us on the list, microbuses, buses, vanagons, and even some eurovans. >admittedly, it is biased toward the buses and vanagons (cause there >are many more of them than anything else), but occasionally the split- >windows get in their licks, too. :) to subscribe, mail to >listserv@lenti.med.umn.edu with one line of text: >subscribe vanagon John Jones >and to post/ask/answer, mail to vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu > >it is a bit of a talkative list, about 30-40 messages each day, and >sometimes (especially fridays), it gets a bit silly. but all in all, >we do try to help each other with problems and info. > >if you have access to ftp or gopher software, you can access the info >files and archives that way as well: > ftp site > lenti.med.umn.edu:/pub/vanagon > gopher site > halfdan.med.umn.edu:/Miscellaneous/Vanagon > URL: gopher://halfdan.med.umn.edu:70/11/Miscellaneous/Vanagon > >here's where the 'membership' lives: >-AUS 2 AL 1 IN 1 NY 5 >-CAN 1 AR 1 KS 2 OH 6 >-CAN ALB 3 AZ 7 KY 1 OR 5 >-CAN BC 6 CA 1 MA 8 PA.C 1 >-CAN MAN 1 CA.BA 24 MD 6 PA.E 7 >-CAN NB 1 CA.N 8 ME 1 PA.W 1 >-CAN NS 1 CA.S 12 MI 4 RI 1 >-CAN ONT 8 CO 3 MN 3 SC 1 >-DEU 1 CT 2 MO 3 TN 4 >-IRE 2 DC 1 MT 2 TX 8 >-UK 1 FL 2 NC 12 VA 3 >-UK ENG 4 GA 4 NE 1 WA.W 15 >-UK WAL 1 IA 4 NJ 2 WI 5 >-ZA 1 IL 1 NM 2 > Unknown 42 > Total 256 > >this is what folks are driving/pushing/pulling/watching rust: >50 Microbus 0 59 Microbus 4 68 Bus 5 80 Vanagon 7 91 Eurovan 1 >51 Microbus 0 60 Microbus 3 69 Bus 5 81 Vanagon 11 92 Eurovan 0 >52 Microbus 0 61 Microbus 4 70 Bus 8 82 Vanagon 12 93 Eurovan 8 >53 Microbus 1 62 Microbus 2 71 Bus 18 83 Vanagon 4 94 Eurovan 1 >54 Microbus 1 63 Microbus 1 72 Bus 10 84 Vanagon 13 95 Eurovan 0 >55 Microbus 0 64 Microbus 4 73 Bus 15 85 Vanagon 19 >56 Microbus 1 65 Microbus 6 74 Bus 5 86 Vanagon 4 >57 Microbus 0 66 Microbus 10 75 Bus 5 87 Vanagon 20 >58 Microbus 0 67 Microbus 6 76 Bus 6 88 Vanagon 4 > 77 Bus 10 89 Vanagon 3 > 78 Bus 12 90 Vanagon 8 > 79 Bus 4 91 Vanagon 4 > > Microbus 43 - Camper 16, Panel 6, Pickup 5, Kombi 7 > Bus 105 - Camper 61, Panel 0, Pickup 2, Kombi 4 > Vanagon 109 - Camper 53, Panel 2, Pickup 0, Diesel 7, Syncro 11 > Eurovan 10 - Camper 3, Panel 0, Pickup 0, Diesel 2 > Total 267 > > Vanagon Mailing List 256 people, 267 vehicles > 43 Microbus, 105 Bus, 109 Vanagon, 10 Eurovan > 32 Unknown, 8 Wanabus > >mostly it's a sort of jabber-fest, with folks talking about this or that, >asking questions, telling about some bus they saw, some trip they took, etc. >almost a large family. ;) >(and every family has its crazy cousins) > >joel > > Well count me in. I am one of those splitties. I own a 58 Deluxe hardtop I bought about a year ago from the original owner for $75! It is totally complete except for the crank for the crank start (have the pulley nut and apron). The body and frame are pretty rusty because this is Minnesota, but everything is there, including the bumpers with trim. I also own a 63 Westy SO35(6?). It is the one with the pull-out middle seat and front flip seat. Again, fortunately, it is complete minus just a couple little things.

The 63 I have taken down to just the body and it ready for media blasting and paint and then the trick of reassembly. The 58 is much more a long term project because of all the rust. But it only has 49,500 original miles so it is definitely one I want to do.

I also own a 55 Deluxe sunroof and a 64 Deluxe sunroof, but both are in much worse shape. I also just sold a 62 Kombi standard.

I am originally from San Francisco, California so I used to have my fill of busses. But now that I live in Southern Minnesota, it is almost a no-bus part of the country.