Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Feb 1995 11:05:56 +0100 (MET)
From:         Edward van der Jagt <bivdjagt@cs.few.eur.nl>
Subject:      How  original is this type II ?

This weekend I went to a classic-car auction, which was combined with some sort of car-market. The auction wasn't very interesting, but one car in the market caught my attention. It was a '65 type II.

The bus was a `cargo'-bus, with no rear seats, a sliding door, and at first glance no rust at all. I understand the sliding door option is quite rare, but I'm not sure. The sliding door had 2 windows in them, just as the opposite panel (are they a factory option ?) These windows looked good, but they seemed different than the side windows I see in the magazines (on micro/deluxe buses). The bumpers were blades, no overriders, and colored white. The bus itself was two colors, a white/cyan(?) combination which looked original. I didn't get a chance to see the inside of the bus, or the engine clearly, because the doors were locked. But if everthing is as good as the outside looks, it should be alright.

The price the owner was asking (Fl. 6500 about $ 3600) didn't sound unreasonable, but I haven't talked to him yet.

Could someone tell me, from the above description, what is original and what not. And if the price he is asking is reasonable.

Edward v/d Jagt bivdjagt@cs.few.eur.nl

Erasmus University Rotterdam, the Netherlands