Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Feb 1995 21:23:41 CST6CDT
From:         "Dan Houg" <fairwind@northernnet.com>
Subject:      A big vanagon.lenti thanks...

At the risk of embarrassing Michael Heron of Toronto, I would like to extend a warm 'thank you' to him via this list. First some background:

Michael helped me in obtaining the spare Westy seat I had submitted a post for weeks ago. Michael posted an ad from the Toronto paper noting the seat for sale. I called the gentleman that was selling the seat but he did not want to fool around with sending it to the States, this is understandable as it is no small feat boxing, transporting and mailing a 90 pound parcel. This elderly man kept asking, "don't you know ANYBODY in Toronto that could help you?" I didn't. Except for Michael, whom I DIDN'T know but I asked him to help me anyway because, well, because I wanted that seat sooo bad! To make a long story short, Michael drove to the guy's house, paid for the seat with his own cash, held it for me, crated it, shipped it. Had his wife running around paying UPS vendors. Put up with my posts and questions. He did everything.

Michael's generous help is, to me, is an example of the highest pinnacle of assistance we all can do for each other. It is what makes reading this list a pleasure, for we are NOT just cybernauts -faceless names communicating but never connecting. We are a group of real individuals sharing knowledge, tragedies, successes, camping trips, beers, spare parts, and flannel.

Here's to you Michael... May I someday have the privilege of returning your good will.

-dan houg '87 Westy with a spare seat in matching upholstery!