Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 02 Mar 95 08:33:43 CST
From:         Joel Walker <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Subject:      Re: Sticker non-consensus solution

On Thu, 2 Mar 95 08:25:08 CST Dan Houg said: >A. if you breakdown in Flamefart County, AL and need help >desperately, one could look in their 'guide' to find a list members >in the area that have already acknowledged they would be willing to >help in some way (comforting voice, lodging, a tow and a beer, etc.)

ONLY locals are allowed to breakdown in Flamefart County. 'Ferreners', as they are often called in polite society, are arrested for Littering if their car/truck/moped/cow breaks down inside the county. the only 'comforting voice' you're gonna hear is Bubba Boshell, the local Minister and High Propaganda of the Holy Hallelujah Haven and Tanning Palor, as he tries to convince you that it was the work of the Devil in your loins that caused you to break down in his county.

>-internet address >-snail mail address >-and possibly an 'assistance' category that would designate if that >individual would be willing to provide some sort of assisstance to >list members in transit. i realize this has some potential problems >associated with it but it's an idea....

no phone? if i'm broke down in Flamefart County, i'm gonna wanna call SOMEBODY on my cellphone before Bubba finds me!!

while this may be a good idea, i still like the idea of a window sticker ... i kinda like ric's idea of the four generations at the corners of a square or rectangle. but that gets kinda complicated to print/produce.

how about everybody just put a big 1'x1' square of reflective tape on the rear hatch? :) sure it would look stoopid, but ...

joel