Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 3 Mar 1995 08:29:47 -0800
From:         nrubin@s1.csuhayward.edu (martha rubin)
Subject:      redrock

I've been preoccupied in the last few days, but have noticed amongst the prune posts that a few people have made suggested alternative camping sites to Red Rock. As I am from the middle rather than the southern end of California, and do not know the locations in question, I don't have a vested interest in one versus the other. But since David Schwarze has gone to all the trouble to research this, suggest it, find out about it for us, and also write the letter Ranger Rick or whatever his name is, I suggest that we all stand behind the idea, be supportive, be decisive, stick with it and simply choose to take the stand for this location.

After all, there are LOTS of days left in the future to make further excursions, and I for one look forward to many many vanagon.lenti prune/flannel bashes in the years to come. Further, if any of you would like to visit the other nearby areas of interest, you could always do so by taking a side excursion from our trip, and/or by doing it a day ahead or after our planned meet.

I guess this is to serve as my formal solid vote for sticking with Red Rock. Count me in: I'll be there with Margeritas in hand!

/martha