Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 1 Apr 1995 15:41:26 -0500 (EST)
From:         Gilbert Christopher L <3clg4@qlink.queensu.ca>
Subject:      1977 Bus for Sale...NE USA or Ontario/Quebec

Hi y'all! I just wanted to write the list and thank everybody for their suggestions and help in getting my 79 Westy outta storage. I drove out to the rural barn where she was stored, dropped in the same battery that I took out four months ago (hasn't been recharged either), jumped in the seat and gave a shot with the ignition to see whether it would even turn over at all....VROOM! the good ol' FI kicked in and she was purring like a well loved housecat. I let her warm up about ten minutes while getting my tools and crap transferred from my sister's mazda....and down the road we rolled (keeping the rpm's low!).

So, I'm mobile and the crowd of friends that hadn't seen it yet were duly impressed by my machine. Yes....guy!

Back to my subject at hand. FOR SALE:

1977 Bus with original middle and rear passenger seats. 36,000 original miles born and raised in California (wintered in storage in Canada) Excellent overall condition and paint (two tone red & silver with matching bumpers) asking $3500 (Can)

Please keep in mind this isn't my bus. I saw it parked in Kingston and talked to the owner about it. He bought it with his son to spruce up and take to shows but suffered a heart attack in the winter which has left him unable to do any work on it. (Sad story, he's a really nice ol' guy.)

Anyway, please mail me directly with any questions you may have, and I can help broker the deal. I'm only in town for three more weeks though. Also, I have not driven it, nor looked under the hood too carefully (ie haven't done the Muir style inspection)

I hope somebaody can find this info helpful. Chris Gilbert