Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Apr 1995 17:59:52 -0700
From:         wabbott@townshend.Corp.Megatest.COM (William Abbott)
Subject:      /f sat. night (looking for the heart of...)

Folks, I'm about to send Dave Black a tape of suitable Bus music and it will include selections by The Mermen- psychedelic surf sound, all instrumentals, best in the world at it, imho. The good news is, they will be coming to a town near you, soon, if you live anywhere near the following places! I get nothing out of this except the joy of knowing that you might get to hear "Honeybomb" or "Ocean Beach" or "The Whales Are Coming And Boy Are They Pissed" (starts off as Misserlou, becomes Paint It Black, then Hava Nagila and finally America (from West Side Story)) live. You might want to bring ear plugs if you're going to be close to the stage- they get feedback the old fashioned way :-)

They're playing Saturday night in San Francisco, their web page has some cool posters and the music they play is most appropriate for VW Buses of all vintages, EuroVans too.

Cheers! Bill

----- Begin Included Message -----

>From mermen@crl.com Fri Apr 7 14:09:03 1995

Hi Bill,

we'll do two sets at the Paradise at 10pm and midnight more or less.

see you there!

allen Best regards,

Allen Whitman, bass for The Mermen WWW: http://www.iuma.com/~mermen/ (415)731-2944 3100 Vicente St., #202 San Francisco, CA 94116

Enclosure: current itinerary-distribution [1,019 bytes] ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Most recent itinerary for The Mermen (as of 4/6/95) > = confirmed show