Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Apr 1995 09:53:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:         "Thom Fitzpatrick" <thom@tim.com>
Subject:      '56 update - misc ramblings

Yo,

Sunday I headed out to the junkyards in search of a piece of metal to use to section in the are on the right side of my motor.

On the way out, I'm thinking "Hmm, when was the last time I got gas? Maybe I better get some..." I put in 10.5 Gallons! Sheesh! Exactly what is my fuel capacity, anyway? ('56 bus)

Then on to the junkyard! Nothing special at Pick'N'Pull, except that once again, ALL of the VW engines are gone, lock stock and barrel! There has got to be a conspiracy going on here...

At Pull'N'Save, I found a '64 that I could get the piece out of, but some idiot left the engine in the bus! D'oh! I did manage to get the piece out,but it was interesting...

There was also a bay window camper, with a very tall fiberglass roof, and it had a sink with a stainless steel water tank.

My friend even found a '67 datsun roadster to get some goddies off of, and my SO found a '78 BMW '530i and scored a glovebox latch! A good time was had by all. (BTW - Everyone I know of is shocked when they hear that Amy goes to the junkyards with me and helps me wrench on the bus!)

I also have more data points on the "who waves when driving" scientific study:

I was driving my SO's BMW, and I waved at a couple of other people in similar cars, and I either got ignored or looked at like I was Charles Manson's Evil Separated at birth Siamese twin. And when I waved at a guy in a bus while driving the BMW, I got a "go stick it in yer : , you yuppie scum" look. Sheesh! The only ones that wave consistent;y are the early bus guys and girls. A couple haven't, which makes me think they are up to no good, like stealing bus parts. Somethimes I'll geta wave from breadloafs, and rarely from a vanagon. NEVER, evr have I gotton a wave from an EV, and a see 2 or 3 a day.

Thom -- > Support whirled peas. ............................................................................ : Thom Fitzpatrick Transamerica Info Mgmnt : : Systems Administrator 1860 Howe Ave : : tfitzpatrick@tim.com Sacramento, CA 95825 : : fax (916) 921-6781 (916) 565-3346 : ............................................................................