Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Apr 1995 07:44:37 -0500 (CDT)
From:         Gerald Skerbitz <gsker@lenti>
Subject:      Cal Look Vanagon (fwd)

Well I don't want to open up a can of worms here but, last week I removed the plastic silver (orange yucky) trim around the windshield and rear window and cleaned the rubber and wow what a difference.

Instead of looking at my Vanagon and thinking "Oh that trim looks bad!", now I think "Wow, why didn't I do that before?"

The rubber is healing up nicely. The opening left from the trim is completely closed up in most areas and is not noticeable from a distance and it REALLY looks better. I may pull it off the side windows next but then I might be inclined to do something (like paint) the chrome around the front door window and the sliders in the middle and that's more work than I can tackle at the moment.

BTW, for those who posted about this earlier, the windows haven't fallen out and I don't think that doing this will cause them to.

Also BTW, I have the bumpers off. They have been blasted and are now in the process of being primed and painted Satin Black. They look GREAT!

Peace, Rich Smith '87 (almost Cal Look) Vanagon Various other VW stuff