Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Apr 1995 12:31:21 -0500 (CDT)
From:         Gerald Skerbitz <gsker@lenti>
Subject:      I finally got it!!! (fwd)

I apologize in advance if you are not interested in this, but I have to share my excitement with people who can truly understand the meaning of this event.

I bought my first 21-window on Saturday!!!!

The body, except for the front face is in great shape. I understand you can buy the front face for under $200. The only other thing that kinda sucks is that it was a bench and one of the owners thought he'd try and make it into a walk- through. The entire wall separating the rear from the front is gone. I figure I could scrounge up one in a yard somewhere and cut it out and weld it in mine. There is no interior to speak of. It has all of the windows and a 1600. Supposedly a new tranny and reduct gears. I'll have to buy all new rubber, a headliner, possibly a ragtop, and whatever interior I need/want. I'll probably make my own panels. I will certainly finish stripping it and will paint it.

Okay, before this gets too long, I'll say good-bye.

Send me private mail to let me know what you think my purchase was worth. I want to get an idea what you all think so I know if I got screwed or not.

It's a '64.

See ya!

Aaron

proud owner of: '64 Deluxe '64 21 !!!!!!!