Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Apr 1995 11:00:56 -0300
From:         smitht@jupiter.sun.csd.unb.ca (Tim Smith)
Subject:      Re: Cal Look Vanagon

>I second the idea. I've been toying with the idea of removing or >painting my chrome accents around the window rubber to get a >"cal look." If anyone has had any success with painting, and have it >really stick to the trim pieces, could you let us know? >

Pull off all the chromed metal bits and get them sand blasted clean then primered/painted. This works, friends BMW 3.0 looks very good this way. I'm not sure about removing the chrome plastic strip around the windshield, isn't this referred to as a 'locking strip'? BTW... the panel van I have comes blacked out, handles, hinge, bumpers etc. Does it qualify as Cal look too? Do I need neon belly lights? tim s.